You know it's been a good CX race when :-
- The inside of your kit is as muddy as the outside by the end.
- Your mechanic works harder during the race than the racers.
- You go down a couple of times but still get back up.
- There's free beer.
- There's a guy in nothing but gold boxer shorts at the top of the run-up making completely inappropriate comments to all the passing girls (see above).
- The run-up gives you vertigo at the top.
- A solid 3rd place (with no sprint finish to worry about) puts you in 3rd overall in the series.
- Even better, a teammate wins his first race of the season (way to go Sean!)
- Clean up at the end takes longer than the race itself.
- You seriously start to consider buying shares in Oxyclean when doing the laundry.
Did I mention this was a muddy one?